Saturday, January 15, 2022
Good Snowy Saturday Afternoon Sky Hawk Parents and Caregivers:
We look forward to welcoming our students back on Monday, January 17, which will be Day 1 on our schedule. There are a number of important items to which we would like to draw your attention:
- We would ask that you please review the information sent home by CCRCE from Dr Strang and Nova Scotia Public Health in an email on Thursday, January 13.
- Since the pandemic began, Public Health has asked people to stay home if they are sick. This message has not changed and, with the recent surge in cases, it is more important than ever that this happen. If a student either comes to school ill, or becomes ill during the day, we will contact you to come and pick up your child. Please make sure that we have up to date phone numbers and emergency contacts in case this is necessary. If your child has COVID symptoms and they require testing, please follow the Public Health guidelines regarding this process.
- Public Health has determined that contact tracing will no longer be taking place in school, therefore the school will not be reporting to families if there are cases. If your child tests positive for COVID, you are asked to contact the school, as you would have when they were out sick in the past, then follow Public Health guidelines with respect to informing social contacts and isolation.
- Mask wearing is required in all indoor settings, other than when staff and students are eating or drinking. Please have a discussion with your child about proper mask wearing. We have had a few instances with some students not wearing their mask properly, or with some coming to school without one. We will be diligently enforcing the mask wearing policy and we ask that you please speak with your child about its importance. Each student will be receiving 2 of the 3ply masks that are now the standard for masks. Please ensure your child has at least one daily.
- If your child used technology from the school for online learning, please make sure that both the computer and the charger are returned with your child on Monday.
- Most things in our school will remain as they were just prior to the Christmas break. Students will be able to order from the cafeteria and will continue to eat their snack and lunch in their classrooms. Our menu, the same as in December, is included below.
- The items below can be ordered any day.
- PLEASE NOTE- cartons of milk and chocolate milk will not be available until Wednesday to supply delivery. We apologize for this supply issue.
- Movement throughout the school will be limited and students are asked to come with a filled water bottle each day. They are able to refill this bottle at our filling stations. If you are unable to provide a water bottle for your child, please let us know.
- Public Health has suggested that PE classes take place outside as much as possible, so we ask that your child come to school dressed for the weather. We are also outside most days at both recess and lunch; children should be wearing a jacket, snow pants, boots, etc. to ensure they are warm while outside. If your child requires extra clothing, please contact the school.
- At the moment, no visitors are permitted into the school, unless it’s an emergency. If you need to drop something/someone off or pick up, please call the office at 902-755-8230 and we will send someone out to you. You can also come to the front door and ring the bell and we will come and greet you. If you are picking up a student for an appointment, please give yourself and us some extra time, as it sometimes takes us a bit of time to get the student ready.
If you have any questions, or there is something you’re not sure about that wasn’t covered here, please contact the school. We always deeply appreciate the wonderful support from our parents and caregivers but are especially thankful for it during these times.
Mrs Cormier and Staff at GR Saunders